Friday, June 10, 2011

Mental Health Day



I took today off to clear my head after a long 3 months of working on some pretty time consuming jobs. They were a lot of fun to work on but I needed to take today to draw something of my choosing. I went to Huffingtonpost.com and looked for an article that would be fun to draw an illustration for. I found an article on why people in Asian countries have the strongest hair. The writer attributed the healthier hair to natural ingredients that can be found growing in the various countries. Also, because of this fact Japan was noted as being the most successful producer of hair care products. I like drawing hair and I like Asian art so I figured I'd try my best to do them both justice in a no pressure, just for fun illustration.

11 comments:

The Queens Table said...

Even your illustration looks relaxed. Enjoy your time for yourself.

The Queens Table said...

If you are a resident of Maryland I would love to see what you would do with the 'Maryland Wine Festival Poster!' I have thought about entering their contest, but I always forget till after its over! Winner gets $1,000.00. Check it out for next year 2012. Entries are taken between January to the end of March. I believe you would do something fantastic, and better than they have seen in a while!
PQ

alex said...

Thanks! It was great to relax and draw something for fun yesterday. I remember seeing some pretty cool wine festival posters over the years. I might send them something this winter. Poster art is still my favorite of all art!

Marcelo Baez said...

Stunning piece Alex!

alex fine illustration said...

Thanks Marcelo! I'm going to try to work on more personal illustrations soon.

Fernanda Costa said...

Gorgeous piece! I love your style!

shawful said...

I'm always swooning at your drawings of hair. This one was no exception. Beautiful!!

alex fine illustration said...

Thanks Fernanda! I just enjoyed visiting your blog.

Thanks Rachel, if I could I would just draw hair and nothing else. I guess I have to draw the occasional face though haha.

Dominic Bugatto said...

Wonderful piece, one of my faves of yours.

alex fine illustration said...

Thanks man, I appreciate that. This was one of the most fun illustrations I've worked on in years. i think it means I need to take more days off to draw for fun without outside direction.

Really Lame Sims said...

Hi great readinng your post